Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Think you know your employees rights? Make sure it’s not just a common workplace myth!


You don't need to pay employees for time spent opening or closing your store or attending training outside of normal work hours.

You can send your employees home without pay if there isn't enough work on.

Employees must work for you for 12 months before they can take leave.

What do all three of these scenarios have in common? They’re all common workplace myths!

The reality is you must pay your employees for all the time they are required to work, you must pay employees their normal working hours, even if there isn't any work, and all leave starts to accrue as soon as employees commence work!

In terms of rights and obligations, there’s a lot you need to know about when employing staff. As an employer though, it’s your responsibility to make sure you are aware of these - a breach in your employee's rights can mean potential penalties for your business!

To help you out business.gov.au External Link - opens in new window in partnership with the Fair Work Obudsman External Link - opens in new window have put together some common workplace myths and busted them for you.

View the list of common workplace myths External Link - opens in new window.

You can also sign up for the Fair Work Obudsman’s eNewsletter External Link - opens in new window to receive regular updates on workplace laws.

20 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. skimmers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?s Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I’m hoping to contribute & help other customers like its aided me. Good job. china sourcing agent

    ReplyDelete
  3. a little something written here was absolutely Lots of great . an incredible I just want incasso credifin-nederland.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you thought about putting some social bookmarking buttons to these blogs. At least for twitter. www.trainingroomsg.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will find on our sites unique no deposit bonuses,no deposit casino , no deposit poker , no deposit bingo , no deposit forex and all the top deposit bonuses Total Quality Management Company

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have observed very interesting details! nice web site. Business Marketing on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. His acting here consists of a shtick(acting like a total wimp) that I have seen many times before and better. займ без паспорта наличными

    ReplyDelete
  8. DESCRIPTION:Τα τελευταία χρόνια επεκτείναμε σταδιακά τις δραστηριότητες μας εκτός τις Αποφράξεις αποχετευτικών αγωγών και εκκενώσεις βόθρων, τώρα αναλαμβάνουμε υπεύθυνα απολυμάνσεις κτηρίων και έκδοση κοινοχρήστων, θέλοντας να προσφέρουμε ολοκληρωμένες υπηρεσίες στις κτηριακές ανάγκες.αποφραξεις

    ReplyDelete
  9. The both of us really enjoyed your post. It appears like you’ve put a lot of effort into your story and the human race need much more of these on the Net these days. I do not real have a large deal to say in retort, I just wanted to comment to tell well done. marvelous post. i never thought of that. aloha browser for pc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing such a nice Blog.I like it.
    microsoft office support

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job! macbook png

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate? macbook png

    ReplyDelete